This Statement applies to Blockbasis Websites that link to this Statement but does not apply to those Blockbasis Websites that have their own Privacy Statement. Additionally, it does not apply to instances where we merely process data on behalf of clients for their benefit, such as when we act as a web hosting service provider.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. We may log certain information that your browser sends us, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access time, and referring Website addresses. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address and phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities and services.
You may choose to give us personal information directly in a variety of situations. For example, you may want to give us your name and contact information to communicate with you, to process an order, to provide you with a subscription or a service, or to do business with us if you are a supplier or a business partner. You may also provide your credit card details to buy something from us or third party partner, or may share a description of your education and work experience in connection with a job opening at Blockbasis for which you wish to be considered. If you tell us that you do not want us to use your information to make further contact with you beyond fulfilling your request, we will respect your wishes.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following paragraphs describe in more detail how Blockbasis may use your personal information.
- Fulfilling your Transaction Request: If you request something from Blockbasis, for example, a product or service, a callback, or specific marketing materials, we will use the information you provide to fulfill your request. To help us do this, we may share information with others, for instance, Blockbasis’ business partners, financial institutions, shipping companies, or postal or government authorities, such as Customs authorities, involved in fulfillment. In connection with a transaction, we may also contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
- Personalizing your Experience on our Websites: We may use information we collect about you to provide you with a personalized experience on our Websites, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested and making navigation on our sites easier.
- Providing Support: We may use your personal information to support products or services you have obtained from us, such as notifying you of a product update or fix.
In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your system. This data may contain information about you, your organization’s employees, customers, partners, or suppliers.
- Marketing: The information you provide to Blockbasis, as well as the information we have collected about you indirectly, may be used by Blockbasis for marketing purposes. You may at any time choose not to receive marketing materials from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each e-mail you may receive, by indicating so when we call you, or by contacting us directly.
Some of our offerings may be co-branded, that is sponsored by both Blockbasis and third parties. If you sign up for these offerings, be aware that your information may also be collected by and shared with those third parties. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies to gain an understanding of the manner in which they will handle information about you.
If you choose to “Email This Page” to a friend or colleague, we will ask for their name and e-mail address. We will automatically send a one-time e-mail sharing the page you indicated, but will not use that information for other purposes.
- Recruitment: In connection with a job application or inquiry, whether advertised on a Blockbasis Website or otherwise, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume. We may use this information throughout Blockbasis in order to address your inquiry or consider you for employment purposes. Unless you tell us not to do so, we may keep the information for future consideration.
- Monitoring or Recording of Calls, Chats and Other Interactions: Certain online transactions may involve you calling us or us calling you. They may also involve online chats. Please be aware that it is Blockbasis’s general practice to monitor and in some cases record such interactions for staff training or quality assurance purposes or to retain evidence of a particular transaction or interaction.
- Use of Information in the Social Computing Environment: Blockbasis provides social computing tools on some of its Websites to enable online sharing and collaboration among members who have registered to use them. These include forums, wikis, blogs and other social media platforms.
When registering to use these tools, you will be asked to provide certain personal information. Registration information that is not automatically made available to other participants as part of your profile will be subject to and protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Any other content you post, such as pictures, information, opinions, or any other type of personal information that you make available to other participants on these social platforms, is not subject to this Privacy Statement. You should be aware that the content you post on any such social computing platforms may be made broadly available to others inside and outside Blockbasis.
- Protect the Rights and Property of Blockbasis and Others: We may also use or share your information to protect the rights or property of Blockbasis, our business partners, suppliers, clients, or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or the rights of others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Websites.
- Information for Business Partners: If you represent an Blockbasis business partner, you may visit Blockbasis Websites intended specifically for Blockbasis business partners. We may use information provided on that site to administer and develop our business relationship with you, the business partner you represent, and Blockbasis business partners generally. For instance, this may involve using your information to send you details of Blockbasis business partner programs. It may also include sharing certain information with other business partners (subject to any confidentiality obligations that may exist), or Blockbasis customers or prospects. In connection with a particular transaction or program, we may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Blockbasis is a global organization with business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross borders. As such, we may share information about you within Blockbasis and transfer it to countries in the world where we do business in connection with the uses identified above and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Our Privacy Statement and our practices are designed to provide a globally consistent level of protection for personal information all over the world. This means that even in countries whose laws provide for less protection for your information, Blockbasis will still handle your information in the manner described here.
In some cases, Blockbasis uses suppliers or franchises located in various countries to collect, use, analyze, and otherwise process information on its behalf. It is Blockbasis’s practice to require such suppliers and franchises to handle information in a manner consistent with Blockbasis’s policies.
From time to time, we may disclose information that identifies you at an individual level and which we collected on our Websites to other non-Blockbasis entities that are not acting as our suppliers, such as our business partners. Except as described in this Privacy Statement, we will only do so with your prior consent. We do not sell or lease such information however. Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Blockbasis decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such information from sellers. It is Blockbasis’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. Please be aware that in certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies pursuant to judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. We may also share your information to protect the rights or property of Blockbasis, our business partners, suppliers or clients, and others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. Non-personal information is also collected while chatting with the AI assistant live chat, which is used to improve future conversations.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience – we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site – we may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails – we may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
INFORMATION SECURITY & ACCURACY
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. Blockbasis implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain sensitive personal information such as credit card information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. By accessing the Website of our Web agency, you agree with the Terms & Conditions.
In certain cases, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online. In the event your information is not accessible online, and you wish to obtain a copy of particular information you provided to Blockbasis, or if you become aware the information is incorrect and you would like us to correct it, you can contact us on our Website.
Before Blockbasis is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will contact you within 30 days of your request.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails from Blockbasis, please contact us on our Website or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.